Sunday, January 09, 2005

thoughts from the weekend

I woke up this morning and in my head I said "It has GOT to stop snowing" the way Mrs. Peacock says "People have got to stop coming here" in Clue: The Movie. We have gotten about a foot of snow, most of which came Friday-Saturday. I had to shovel my car off yesterday there was so much of it. Thanks, Dad, for the collapsable shovel for my trunk! :) This is the kind of weather that makes me want to be cozy but I have had a pretty busy weekend and have had to be out-and-about in it. But I haven't been grumpy about it because I know there are good things about snow even if it slows us down a bit.

OK, enough complaining. I watched an AMAZING movie last night. I know, it's SO 1997, but if you haven't yet seen Life is Beautiful, you MUST. I can't stop thinking about it. It's a combo of a love story and a story of a family trying to survive the Jewish holocaust. It's a powerful portrayal of a father-son relationship and hope. WATCH IT.

No comments: