Monday, January 17, 2005

So Much Better!

So, the last time I posted here, my life was pretty overwhelming. I have just returned from a weekend away to visit my friend Brad, which was EXACTLY what I needed (doctors should prescribe weekends away instead of pills). I am rested and have gotten some space between me and the stuff that was weighing on me last week.

The drive back was a little scary. About 3 hours from Spokane, I ran into an area of freezing rain and drove past a jack-knifed semi, which was pretty scary. Then about 1 hour from home I pulled over at an exit to clear ice from my wipers so I could actually see where I was going. Good thing I did (yay, God!) because when I stopped I realized the area was covered in black ice. So I started back up slowly and crept along as I approached some flashing lights where there were about 10 cars in the ditch, some of which had recently passed me. Had I not stopped, I think I could have been one of them because I would've been going a lot faster. :(

So, here are the great things I did during my weekend away:
*sleep until my body was ready to wake up
*have good conversation with Brad
*watch 2 lame movies and 2 good ones (I recommend Rabbit Proof Fence for a rental and Finding Neverland which is in theaters right now)
*sip coffee in front of the fireplace each morning
*explore downtown Bend (yay for the record store and the antique shop)
*shop at the Old Mill district (yay for Bath and Body Works sales!)
*see the college where Brad works (the cement walls and purple paint make it look like the USF residence halls!)
*watch the Golden Globes
*read some Harry Potter

And now I am trying to make the most of my final moments of the weekend.

No comments: