Friday, January 07, 2005

The Snowy Day

The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats is my favorite childrens book. In it, Peter goes outside and explores the freshly fallen snow. He makes snow angels, listens to the crunching of the snow beneath his feet, and makes fun patterns with his footprints. It is written about days like the one we've been having in Spokane today. The snow started falling during my 1:45-2:45 one-on-one and it has been falling ever since. It's quite peaceful. I even drove around in it and the roads weren't TOO bad. Now, don't mistake me for someone who loves snow. I don't. BUT I can at least appreciate it as a gift from God today as it falls--it is bringing me peace and calm. And it will be great to watch it fall as I go to sleep. I think I will work on finding joy in this snowstorm like Peter does in the book...I'll savor the crunch of the snow and make patterns with my footprints. :)

1 comment:

lalachan said...

I LOVE that book too!!!! Thanks for reminding me of that book...it will give me a much better attitude with all the snow here.