Monday, January 17, 2005

Ice Day!

Whitworth cancelled day classes tomorrow for an Ice Day! How crazy. I guess they decided to cancel the classes because the roads and sidewalks are so icy. I'm not quite sure what the deal is here, but they tend to do no shoveling or plowing until after everything is packed down and it seems like a lot more work to clear the pathways. Driving from the freeway to Whitworth was really no big deal tonight, but walking from my car to my building was treacherous. Seriously...like 4" thick ice on the parking lot, with spots of water, all making it into a dangerous skating rink. Not good.

So, anyway, we get an ice day.

But I have a few meetings that I will still have because I do them in the building I live in and it's kind of pointless to cancel. So I get 1/2 an Ice Day--until 1pm.

I hope the ice melts soon--I hate walking/skating around in the winter!

No comments: