Monday, March 27, 2006

tasty tofu treat

This weekend, I made some ice cream-like stuff that has tofu in it and is dairy-free for all you vegans. Bill & Joy had made something like it in their VitaMix, and I found a recipe online and adapted it. It is gooo-oood. So you should make it. Here's a general idea of how to do it:

1 - 14oz bottle (individual serving) orange juice (almost 2 cups)
1/2 - family size thing of tofu (I don't know the ounces...sorry)
1 - 14 oz bag frozen cherries (or fresh) or other fruit
2/3 c. - sugar

Blend it all together until the tofu is pretty much gone and the cherries are all cut up. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes. Mix in ice cream maker until done.

I had it before with cranberries, which was also good. I think I'd maybe use 1 C. sugar if you do it that way. And if you have a VitaMix, it takes only like 10 minutes to make instead of an hour. :)

1 comment:

lalachan said...

Yummy!!! Thanks for the tasty recipe...and way to go with the tofu!