Sunday, March 05, 2006

my Oscar re-cap

OK, if you missed the Oscars, you didn't miss a ton, except a few hilarious moments. Jon Stewart, so funny. His The Daily Show and Lisa Loeb's #1 Single are almost enought reason for me to get cable. I can't quite afford it yet, but I may someday soon just to hear his hilarity. He made the awards way more fun that usual. And Ben Stiller in the green screen unitard was the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I'd pay money to have that on DVD to watch over and over.

As for the actual awards, I hadn't seen many of the movies (only 10 to be exact, and only 1 of those was up for best picture). There were a couple of shocks. Best original song went to some rappers I've never heard of, and I don't think anyone expected it. And I thought Brokeback Mountain was a shoe-in for best pic, if anything as a political statement. But it lost to Crash. That's the one movie I saw, and it's a great story of racial issues. You should see it. You probably should also see Brokeback, but I haven't seen it so that's just a second-hand recommendation. I'm gonna go ASAP.

K, that's the only thing I have to say about this year's Oscar night. Now I must see if I can find a clip of Ben Stiller's skit. Bu-bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see your Oscar re-cap...I only saw parts of the show. Now I know I must be going to see some of these movies!! MOM