Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Quiet Hours!

Well, here I am in my little apartment, the only person in the building (I hope). It's nice and quiet in here. I'm trying to enjoy this time while it lasts. I leave tomorrow for Vancouver, WA, to spend New Year's Eve with my friends Bill and Joy, Brad, and Nicole and maybe also Chris and Jolyn will drive up from Eugene. It is supposed to be snowy or rainy, so I'm hoping the roads are good. The good news is I have a friend who will now be riding with me, so I'll have company for the 6 hours and won't have to drive on scary roads alone if they're scary.

I must say I am addicted to knitting, which will from now on be referred to as 'clicking" on this blog. I got addicted a few weeks before Christmas when my hooking (aka crocheting) caused stress in my life. I decided to try knitting after some inspiration from my friend Esther and now I have been making scarves for people. They only take a few hours to make, usually, which is RAD. So, you can "bet your bottom dollar" (ha!) that I'll be clicking tonight instead of packing. And I heard there's a little clicking going on in another part of the country and that "The Liberal" has been converted. I wish I could be clicking and hanging out with you guys! I hope it works for all y'all to come and visit!

OK, I must update some more electronic gadgets and then get to some clicking before I head to the airport to pick up my friend Lesley-Anne!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Liberal" has clicked her way to a Barbie miniskirt!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing a comment/response as "anonymous" mostly 'cause it's late (well, it's late for your 55+ year old mother...probably not for you), and I need to get to bed for a nap before work tonight, and I didn't want to take time to do the log-on with password, etc. So how is the clicking going....that will keep you out of trouble fot a little while. Have a good trip to Vancouver and a fun time with your friends. See ya.

Unknown said...

I wish I could figure out how to knit... So far I can only crochet. Sucks being a leftie!