Wednesday, March 30, 2005

So Fun!

I have just had two great and fun-filled days with my friends Tammy, Lara, and Amy. They flew from Sioux Falls and Cedar Rapids to Seattle and then drove to Spokane to spend two days here. It has been so great! And so fun to have people living in my little apartment with me!

Monday, they arrived in the afternoon and after showing them my home (which took less than 5 minutes), we got in the car for a tour of Spokane. Since it was cold and rainy, I also took them on a driving tour of the Whitworth Campus. I drove them past the Milk Bottle (a diner with a front shaped like a milk bottle) and my favorite coffee shop (The Rocket on Garland). Then I drove them through downtown, past Riverfront Park and the Bloomsday Runner sculpture, and then we went up the steepest hill in Spokane so they could see a bit of the South Hill and the view from High Drive. Then we went to the Steamplant Grill for dinner (we even went into the smokestack, which was full of suction and very scary). Oh, and then we went to REI and looked around. I don't fit in very well in REI. It's like being in a foreign country.

Tuesday, I took them to the HUB to show them the place I spend most of my days. They got to meet a couple of the other RDs (because, well, most of us are there most of our days). And I showed them all of the facilities...the RD office, my mailbox, the student mailboxed, the espresso stand, the smoothie bar, and then.....we had lunch in the dining hall, which is always fun for visitors. Then I drove them to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, where we spent the day. We went to shops and looked at the antique stores for lunchboxes (no luck, boohoo), and we bought candy at the penny candy store, and we had coffee at the cute coffee shop, and we had happy hour at the Coeur a'Alene Brewing Co., and then, in the cold wind, we walked the pier onto the lake. It was cold but pretty. Then we drove back to Spokane and had pizza and then hung out for the rest of the night.

Today we had an early lunch, got some froyo from the new "sweet treats" section of our smoothie bar, and then we went to take pictures on campus. While it was snowing. It was a fun adventure.

And now they are on their way back to Seattle to hang out with John and Marissa for a bit. I am sad they had to leave but I guess it's good since I do have a ton of e-mails to get through, students to meet with, and RAs to hire (we start Thursday night). It was a good compact 2 days of friend time. Yay! Thanks for coming to visit! It made my spring! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad & I were thinking of you...and just knew that you'd be having a wonderful time with your friends.