Sunday, January 08, 2006

gettin' stuff done

I've spent the weekend trying to get some things done. I have been mildly successful. I am quite unmotivated because I just want to enjoy the free time and not have an agenda. I think I should take note of this and get my stuff done on weeknights, when I don't really have a ton of time anyway. Huh.

So I've spent some time with my Christmas gifts. I made some stir fry with my great new pan (which I LOVE). Here's a suggestion for a great, easy recipe. Buy Thai Kitchen peanut noodles and prepare as package directs. Make them with half a red pepper, half a yellow pepper, some edamame (soy beans), broccoli, and if you want, some Quorn fake chicken. I guess you could make it with the actual meat, but I'm trying the vegetarian life. Anyway, it's quite tasty.

My big decisions for the weekend were: 1) whether or not to go to see Chronicles of Narnia tonight. I opted for no because I wanted to get some things done around here. Maybe next weekend. 2) where to put my couch and loveseat. I took down my Christmas decorations and it was time to decide how to arrange my living room.

There you have it. Excitement abounds in my world here!

On the jobfront, I am starting the job search for something new. I really want to work on a college campus. I don't love housing.

On the travel front, I may go to Bend this weekend if it's not snowing in the passes. It's a 3-day weekend, so a good time to get away. And then I can go to see Brokeback Mountain with Brad and do crafts with him and Sundi and meet his roommate. We'll see. Depends on the weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schmann! I miss you, my friend! Here's my new and improved blog address: http://spaces.msn.com/members/redhairangel
Also, I'm on MySpace! Find me if you're on there!