Monday, January 16, 2006

almost done

Yesterday, I bought a print from Micheals to hang in an old frame that had previously housed Munch's "The Scream" (which is still in the frame, behind the new print, until I find someone to give "The Scream"). I also bought a mission-style bookshelf for my bedroom...it was on sale at Target. It's real real cute. As is the print. So yesterday I put the shelf together and also hung up some more artwork so I now know what I want to keep and what I don't. I am now totally broke, so I can't buy another bookshelf for a while, even though I need one now to finish my unpacking fully. It probably won't happen until I make a trip to IKEA to buy a desk and shelf.

So, today I did some book unpacking and discovered two things:
1) I have WAY too many books. I just keep them all, even my OT books from Sem. I must get rid of some.
2) I did NOT sell The DaVinci Code as I feared. Yesssss! I have been wanting to read it, so I was so happy to discover it in a box. Woohoo! I'm gonna take a break from Narnia and read it starting....now.

Oh, by the way, my New Year's Resolution is to read every book I own that I have not yet read. That is like 30-40 books, I'd guess. We'll see how I do.

Now I'm off to make some soup and then I'm gonna partake in the Golden Globes.

No comments: