Tuesday, January 24, 2006

American Idol and other thoughts

I am embarrassed to say it, but I am watching American Idol. For some reason I love watching the scenes where people have no idea they are bad. I feel terrible. Please, if I ever think I'm good at someone and i'm not or I have broccoli in my teeth or have bad breath or b.o. or just need to stop talking, TELL ME. Tell me kindly, but TELL ME.

This weekend, I read the entire book The DaVinci Code. It was good. I don't know that it's accurate, but it was a good weekend read.

Speaking of the weekend, starting Sunday, we have had DRY WEATHER! It had been raining since, like, before Christmas. Every day. And I don't mind the rain, especially when it means I don't have to scrape my windows in the mornings. But it's nice to have a little break!

Last news to report is that I'm going to Spokane in Feb. for a conference. I almost typed "concert". Oops. Big diff. So I'm gonna go earlier than my colleagues so I can see a few people. I'm gonna try to see a variety of peeps but not overload my schedule because I'd like it to be a bit of a break. The conference should be interesting since I'm not sure I want to stick with CHNW. I guess I'll go as though I'm staying forever. I'm hoping it gives me a good chance to spend time with my Whitworth friends, since they'll be attending, too.

No comments: