Friday, August 19, 2005

Update on life...my thoughts today

So, for the last two days, I have been seriously considering why I am not just moving to Portland. So I think I'm gonna do it. Just do it and stop waiting around. I need to work out some details like where I would live because I have my resume in for a sweet job in Seattle-ish for a Career Counseling gig and if that happens, I don't want to be tied in to an apartment lease. But I think I just need to do it. Move. Get whatever job I can. Even if it's two part-timers or temping for now.

I kind of want to do it soon, too, because I feel like I need to cut myself from Whitworth, which I'm not doing by living on here (since all the peeps I'm staying with are Whitworth peeps). So I think I want to go away before the students arrive. I'm kind of feeling like I'm suffocating as the students gradually return, though it's nothing to do with the students because I love them all TO DEATH. It's just me not letting go of this place that I love, and I think it's keeping me from taking the next step in life. I'm the "forever Senior" that Zan and I used to talk about in college. :)

So, I may go to Bend for a little bit to hang more with Brad and craft with him and Sundi and then move on to Vancouver to seriously look for a job. Or maybe I'll just go right to Vancouver. I haven't talked with all of the people who would be housing me yet, so I need to do that this weekend to see what my options are and if/when there's room for me.

So that's what I'm thinking today. And so I have been aggressively looking for jobs this evening.

I'll try to blog a bit more to keep you posted on what happens.

1 comment:

lalachan said...

Happy Birthday! I feel a bit like a stalker because I did also leave you a phone message...but I wanted to wish you a wonderful day!

I also like the new look to your blog...sassy!