Friday, August 26, 2005

ephiphany

i had a job-search-related epiphany recently. i am applying for lower level jobs with companies. i live in spokane. these companies are in portland. they are not going to fly me in for an interview, but if they express interest in me, they may have to (or i could ask). so why not just consider a local applicant who is just as qualified instead?

yeah, so i'm going to get a p.o. box next week and contact a few of the places i have applied to let them know 1) i'm still interested and 2) that i have an address update so they know they won't have to fly me in and maybe then they'll consider me.

we'll see if it works.

hey, if anyone knows a cheap dial-up internet provider, let me know. i think earthlink is the most mac-friendly and only 9.95 a month, but anyone know if they're good?

No comments: