Monday, August 29, 2005

shoe addict

I have had no income since May 31, but I still have found the money to buy 5 pair of shoes this summer. Sad.

The first pair was for Dayna and Jim's wedding and it doesn't count because you have to have new shoes for a good friend's wedding. So it was necessary. But after that, my reasoning gets sketchy. When I was in Portland before our trip to Cannon Beach, Joy and I ran errands for two days and I found some "must haves". The first was a pair of black dress shoes that I can wear for a new job, for which I will likely need to dress up. And they were only $15. And then I found a pair of white/red Puma mules for under $30 and, honestly, my pumas-in-every-color-but-only-if-they're-less-than-$30 goal cannot go on hold because you never know when you'll find a good deal on PUmas. They're expensive. Plus, I saw them 2 weeks before and didn't buy them (good discipline) but then couldn't stop thinking about them and wishing i had purchased them. that's a sign i had to do it.

so, the last two pair, well, i bought them yesterday. i was at shopko and meandered into the payless section and i found two pair of ballet slipper-like shoes that were so great for dressing up for a new job, and they were buy-one-get-one-half-off, so i got two pair of shoes for $30.

in total, i think i spent about $95 on all these shoes, and i'm thinking that's a lot of shoes for that money. especially considering carrie bradshaw spends $400 on ONE pair of shoes. i realize carrie bradshaw is not real, but still...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann....all I can say is YEAH for shoes!!! What can I say when i'm sure that trait (if it's an inherited one) certainly didn't come from your Dad. I had to get a certain pair of light blue ones in Calif last April....haven't worn them a lot....but they're awesome with certain outfits!! We could be into worse things....we're not out of control yet! SMS

Anonymous said...

Your logic makes perfect sense to me and I think Carrie is a great role model for shoe shopping. She should take lessons from you.