Thursday, May 05, 2005

Update

I haven't blogged for a while, so here's a little update on my life.

This last weekend, Nicole and I went to Bend to see Brad and celebrate her birthday. We rode down with Keats and April (StewVille RDs) and it was a good time. I was a little melancholy because it's the first real break I've had since February. Sure, I've had a day or two on the weekends, but nothing rejuvenating. So I was definitely just soaking up the fact that I was getting away.

It was a good time away. We went to see The Interpreter (SEE IT...SO GOOD), went to McMenniman's Pub, drove to COCC so Nicole could see Brad's office and the view of the mountains, and shopped. Saturday afternoon, the Dahlvigs came up from Eugene. We spent the last 2 new years eve's with Chris and Jolyn (who was the StewVille RD before I came to Whitworth) and they brought their 2 cute kids. So we chatted and played with kids and it was good. And we went to April's parents house on Saturday night for dessert, and that was fun.

Now I'm back and have a little free time...I had TWO NIGHTS to work on paperwork and getting caught up on my life. I have been working on some resumes and applications to send out for jobs. I'm starting to get depressed about this job search. I don't like it. I think the fact that I'm naming my feelings is good....I just need to keep myself from getting too down. It's just really hard to look for a job. There is one job at U of Oregon doing Career Counseling that I'm most excited about and most qualified for, so I am hopeful that I'll get an interview. I'll just keep plugging away and sending out resumes!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: