Monday, May 16, 2005

graduation!

It has been a few weeks since I've posted. Sorry about that...it has been busy!

Today was graduation day and it was touching to see so many students I knew graduate. I felt like I was "woohoo"ing nonstop. Several of my leaders from the past few years graduated (yay for Mary, Katie, Amie, Jenika, Heather, Meghan, J.D., Heather, Jayleen, Margie, Abby, Scott, Dave (Otis), Emily, Meg, Serena, Angela, Kenna, Erin, Diana, and Jeff). This was also the graduating year for students who came in as freshmen when I was in my first year as an RD. It has always been my goal to be at a school long enough to see a class go through all four years. It was wonderful!! I got to talk with a few of these students who I haven't talked with in a little while....so great!

The exciting news of the day (besides the above) is that my friend Denise, who graduated today, got an award. Denise is my friend who I go to the Gonzaga art gallery with and then we drink tea and talk about things that matter to us, like Fair Trade coffee, animal rights, environmental issues, being anti-Walmart, and feminism. She got an award they give out to one senior, the Servant Leader Award. It was given to two people this year, but both were very deserving. Denise got it because, in my opinion, she will make a significant impact on this world and she has already had a huge impact on the campus. So I was VERY excited to hear her get the award.

Well, tomorrow the RAs will be closing down the building and we're making brunch at 9:30, so I need to get some sleep. It will be a pretty busy day with a bunch of time devoted to closure as a team. Should be emotionally draining but also valuable.

No comments: