Monday, November 29, 2004

Where have I been?

Wow. I kind of dropped off the planet for a bit there. I'm not actually convinced anyone's reading this AND I have reached my photo limit for the month, so I stopped writing. But here's a quick update on my EXCITING life.

Last weekend, my fellow RD friends Kelli and Tim and I bartended at the Westside Mocktail Party in my building. It was a great time. We spent 3 hours blending alcohol-free beverages for about 150-200 students from my buildling and Kelli's buildings. The students did a great job of planning and we had a ton of fun. I'll post a pic from that.

Then, this past week was VA-CA-TION! woohoo! Bill and Joy Stahley came up from Vancouver, WA, for the holidays, and we spent Thanksgiving day at Brad's home (which is actually the Coleman's home). It was a great "low key" day. We cooked and ate and talked about what we are thankful for and just chatted the day away. Kelli came in the evening just as we had begun playing games and, for the second year in a row, we played the great game of Life! We watched Will & Grace and the Apprentice, too, of course. And we had our annual photos. I'll post those as well.

Friday (day after T-day) was craft day for Ann, Joy, and Brad. We spent the first half of the day getting ready for craft day and then by about 4:00 we started making candles and crocheting. We ended up at Nicole's cozy home and crocheted and watched The Elf and Love Actually.

Saturday, I headed back to hang with Brad for the night for more movie watching and crocheting. It was that night that tragedy struck our scarf making. We realized our scarves were getting narrower and narrower (and looked terrible) and we had to rip them apart and start over. :( It was kind of funny, in the way things are funny when you are so sad that you laugh. But now I've got half my scarf made again and I'm back on track.

Right now, I am most thankful for friends and vacations.

No comments: