Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Hair Show!

I had the funniest experience yesterday. I went to a Hair Show with my friends Brad, Kevin, and Ann. Ann's stylist was competing for the "All-Around" so we went to see him. It was crazy! The first competition that they had was in was the area of make-up. The professional stylists had like 20 minutes to do the make-up on their model; the students had 30. When they were done, the models had to put these frames on their heads so that all the judges could see was their faces. Ann's stylist, who I thought was best, had a frame shaped like cleopatra or something and the make-up job he did fit that theme. The next competitions were hair cutting--womens and mens. Timed haircuts. How funny is that? There was this really cool cut that was a blunt-cut bob. It was layered so the bottom layer of hair was black, the next layer was bleached yellow-ish, and the top layer was black again. It was cool. There was even a woman with a mullet, but it was kind of classy (is that possible?). We left in the middle of the mens haircutting competition, so I'm not sure if Ann's stylist won. How funny, eh? It was so worth the 5 bucks. I'm gonna rent "Blow Dry" now because it's about a Hair Show and it will teach me about my people...my haircutting competition people.

No comments: