Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Support the locals: Soupcycle

So, a few blogs ago I mentioned supporting local business. I have decided to start doing this more intentionally, little-by-little, even if it involves spending a few extra dollars.

Last week, I decided to sign up for Soup Cycle. I believe this business is connected in some way to one of my coworkers, which is why they make weekly trips to our office to deliver soups. I've decided to join. The basic premise: they make fresh, organic soups from local produce and deliver it to us via bicycle. So not only are we supporting local farmers and this small business, there is little environmental impact from the deliveries since they deliver on bike. I figured the small cost would be worth it since I'll get to eat soups I wouldn't make myself, the food is fresh and healthy, and it saves me a little time.

If you live in Portland, I recommend you sign up!

Soupcycle

2 comments:

Jed said...

Supporting local farmers and having a small environmental footprint is exactly why we started this little soupy business. Plus you're gonna dig the soups. :)

Sheena said...

That is so awesome! Good for you for supporting local businesses. Sounds delicious. I love soup, and would do this in a heartbeat if it were offered here.

I love reading about your life in Portland. :)