Saturday, June 13, 2009

Raw Ice Cream

Today one of my friends introduced me to a few "raw" foods, including raw ice cream.

Raw foods are foods that are not cooked or processed - they are all natural.

My friend makes lots of raw foods using just a food processor, food dehydrator, fresh ingredients, and TLC. Today, we made raw ice cream and I wanted to share it with you - it's very tasty. Just freeze any fruit you want to use. I'd recommend bananas if you like them since they are the most creamy fruit we could think of. For non-banana people like me, a suggestion is mango, or cherry, or a combination of them both. Thaw the frozen fruit for about 5-10 minutes and them blend them in your food processor or blender. Add a little bit of water if you need to. It will eventually be the consistency of home-made ice cream. You can serve it with coconut, chopped nuts, and/or a combination of raw chocolate and pure maple syrup (to counter the bitterness of the raw chocolate). Or just eat it plain. It will taste like sorbet. :)

No comments: