Sunday, December 09, 2007

In the Christmas Spirit

First off, I'm learning how to blog with my photos embedded, and yes, I know my last post overlapped my links a bit. It took two tries to get it to look like that, so bear with me as I learn. :)

I am getting in the Christmas spirit this weekend. I have most of my shopping done, thanks to the internet. Seriously, I think I will only have to go to the store for stocking stuffers.

I have had all my decorations up for a couple of weeks now. This year, I even got little clips and put lights in my giant window overlooking my patio. Only I and my close neighbors can enjoy, but that's fine with me. I had friends over yesterday to do some Christmas baking. We made peanut butter balls and caramels. I am very impressed with my parents' nextdoor neighbor Debbie--she makes those and about a dozen other treats every year and I got bored just stirring caramel for over an hour. While Sam and I baked, Cameron and Brad assembled a gingerbread house that i'm going to try to bring to work--we'll see if it can make the 4 block walk.

Now I need to do a little online shopping for wedding gifts for 2 weddings I have this month. As I do it, I will sit in the glow of my Christmas lights and listen to Amy Grant's Home for Christmas as I sip a cup of coffee. I wonder if it will snow again--it has snowed twice today already (with no sticking--my kind of snow) Here are a few pics of my place at Christmas:

Cool outside, warm inside

Cozy Christmas

Ornaments and Knitting

2 comments:

Rev. Tammy said...

woo-hoo... new posts! I love the photos. It's really fun to see your world.

Shan in Japan said...

Love the Christmas decorations!
Thanks for sharing an update on your life this fall. I enjoyed all the pictures and stories.
Happy Christmasing!