Sunday, December 09, 2007

Fall Adventures

I'm a little behind on what's been going on in my world, so here's a quick update. I moved in early September to my new condo (thanks to help from my parents). Here is are a few photos of my new place, with a little organization left to do so I can live neatly.

My living room:
Lounging area

My dining room (which is technically part of my living room):
Dining area

In late September, my maternal grandfather passed away. I was able to see him when I went home in July, which was a real blessing. Another blessing: my brother got me a plane ticket for nearly free instead of the thousand it would've cost. One our way back to Minneapolis, we spent a little time reminiscing around Lake Okoboji where we spent a lot of childhood summers. here are a few pics.

The Nutty Bar stand in Arnolds Park where we often went right before getting back on the boat to head back "home":
Summer treats of yore

My very first roller coaster:
Arnolds Park - my first coaster

My grandparents' mailbox:
G & G's mailbox in Okoboji

Our beach:
Emerson Bay - so many memories

I also had a few social events in October. I had a costume party in honor of the season premiere of The Office and Mark and Danielle came to visit for a long weekend as week.

Cam, Sam, Brad, and Maurice:
The Office Party

Danielle and Mark at Haystack Rock (from The Goonies) in Cannon Beach, OR):
D & M at Haystack Rock

In work adventures, two great things happened. I achieved my Intermediate Certification and just this past week I received an additional boost and am one of our first few Master Level Certified Coaches at InsideTrack. Additionally, we had a significant shuffling happen and the DeVry coaches moved to a building down the street. Here is a picture of the new view from the 8th floor (we were on ground level in the last office):
The view at work

Well, I'll try to be a little more diligent in my posting from now on so I don't have to post a billion pictures and notes at once. :)

No comments: