Thursday, November 10, 2005

try it again

Let's see if blogger.com is being mac-unfriendly. here's a post from work.

Yesterday I got CPR/First Aid certified with my Resident Managers. It was exciting. I also got a plane ticket home for Christmas (thanks to my parents for getting it with their ff miles). I will be taking my first direct flight (PDX to Minneapolis) and will also be taking my first "red eye" flight. Should be exciting, though I still hate flying.

Today I had my first flu shot. CHNW was giving them for free, so I went and got one. Mainly because the HR person told my boss to bring me over, and also because the place it was happening was the same place as a meeting I had 30 minutes later. It didn't hurt too much, but we'll see if I get the flu this weekend in reaction. :)

Now I'm at work killing time until my RM meeting at 8. It's a 3-day weekend, so it's like being at work late on a Friday. But I like them, so that makes up for it. :) I think I'm going to go to Subway, now, and get some dinner then head to our admin building to the lounge where the meeting is and read some Harry Potter 4 (gotta finish before I see the movie!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi....Good to hear an update. Sounds like you've been busy. Glad to hear of your CPR certification ...so now if I try to croak over the holiday you'll know what to do!! Guess it's not nice to joke about that....it's a serious matter. I, too, go through the certification process. It's a good thing....'cause it saves lives. We're required to do it for work. (of course, it's a hospital!!) Later...M.O.M