Friday, August 25, 2006

Festivus for the Rest of Us

So, last weekend was my birthday. Pretty exciting. I went to Bend, OR, and had a very relaxing time. And some mojitos.

This weekend, I have lots of excitement. Haha. I think I may change to my new "fall colors". I bought some teal-ish blue pillows from Pier 1 so I think I'm gonna put them out so that I can get the full appreciation of them.

I'm trying to be a full-time vegetarian right now. Which is actually a change because I had been eating a turkey sandwich for lunch every day. Today is my first official day. I'll let you know how it goes. So far so good, but I'm gonna have to be creative about my lunches--mainly, I'm gonna have to cook more so that I can take my leftovers in for lunch.

I'm getting a haircut tomorrow...that should be exciting. I get to make a trip to the 'burbs to Gresham. Fun times.
-----------------------------------------
Try this recipe (what I'm eating right now during my lunch break...thanks Brad!):
--Couscous Salad--
Couscous (prepare as box directs you to, then cool
Chop a bunch of vegetables (I've chose red pepper, edamame, and carrots)
Sausage if you're a meat eater
Small chopped cheese (optional)
Several tablespoons of italian dressing

Mix it all together and eat it. Just eye it--you can't do it wrong, except maybe if you add too much dressing--it's just for the subtle taste. It'll sort of resemble fried rice, in the proportions of couscous to veggies.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: