Monday, October 10, 2005

I HAVE A JOB!!

Yep, this morning I accepted a job with Housing Northwest. I start on Monday the 17th. It is a new position, and I will be working with a couple of other people in a high-rise apartment complex in downtown-ish Portland. My colleagues' main focus will be leasing all of the apartments and I'll do a little of that but will focus more on community building with the residents and doing some residence-life-like programming. I will also be supervising Resident Managers, who are students who work in the building. It is a similar gig to being an RD but different in that we lease apartments to students who attend several Portland colleges, so our relationship with them is more landlord-tenant, and also I will be living off-site! Yay! I will be living in Vancouver, about a 45 minute commute during rush hour. But the apartment was the best deal I found of the safer/good quality places, so I'll do the commute. I am going to check into riding the Max (the public light-rail) to see if that would shorten my commute and save money.

If you want, you can check out Housing Northwest's website. I'll be doing the "Student Housing in Portland" part.
Housing Northwest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann! Way to go, sistah! Congratulations, you are an inspiration!

I moved to Bellevue a week ago, and now I'm beginning the job search. It's good to know that it is actually possible to find a job that is worthwhile, while still providing the necessities--like food & rent.

Congratulations, Ann! Blessings to you!

lalachan said...

WOOO!!! Ann I am so glad you got a job! Congrats!!! Now you can start saving moving so we can travel to Europe..my sister and I are leaving in about 3 hours for the airport for out trip to London.