Friday, July 08, 2005

The Shop and the Westside Rule the World

Today I went with a friend to a new coffee shop on the South Hill (interpretation: south spokane, which is located on a huge hill and is a place that is in many ways a different city altogether....not to be confused with that place called Spokane Valley that decided it WAS a different place altogether and had to become it's own city....but I digress). So the coffee place is called "The Shop" and it is in an old garage (yeah, an "i'm gonna get my oil changed" garage) and it is R-A-D rad. Lots of character. I guess they show movies in the parking lot sometimes (maybe on the weekends) but I found it to be a great place to sit and sip coffee I shouldn't be spending money on while I worked on my tan.

On another note, I love temporarily living in Mac Hall. The view from the living room (where I am right now) is great, and the windows are huge so I have a great view. I don't miss my parking lot view from Warren Hall in the least. Here, I feel like I am living in a house on the South Hill (for you spokane-sters) or in McKennan Park (for you Sioux Falls-ians). The landscaping is great, the green grass is calming, and a breeze is flowing nicely. People at Whitworth talk a lot of crap and make assumptions about any residence hall that isn't the one they live in, and they especially talk crap about Mac and Ballard because they're not co-ed buildings. If they only knew what great places they were....though maybe it's good to keep it a secret....hmm. Anyway, I must say I enjoy living with my Westside friends. Ahh..the Westside Mocktail Party....good memories.

No comments: