Tuesday, April 05, 2005

"Flat Colin"

I received an exciting envelope in the mail today! It was my cousin Colin, who had flattened himself into "Flat Colin" much like Stanley in the book "Flat Stanley". Colin also had written me a letter asking me to take him on some adventures in Spokane. I am excited to show "Flat Colin" the sights of Spokane and take some pictures. I have asked some of my students if they will help and they invited him to lunch with us tomorrow to begin his Spokane adventures. I am thinking about driving him downtown to Riverfront Park to show him some of the sights there, including the sculpture of the Bloomsday Runners.

I just may post some of our adventures on this blog for you all to see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...Made me smile when I read about Flat Colin, 'cause I knew you that mailing would be coming to you. I knew you would have fun with that!! Talked to Colin this evening, he laughed when I told him what you wrote....and he said he hoped you would remember pictures! Thank you for your enthusiasm in this. Wouldn't you love to be in his classroom....what a fun thing for these kids. Creative teachers are awesome!!! I'll be eagerly awaiting for follow-up on this from you & Colin.

Anonymous said...

Colin is sure glad you're so excited about showing him around. We anxiously await the outcome of all your adventures.